Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BIRTHDAY MESSAGE

Today is my birth anniversary. To celebrate I'm going to post a bunch of things that I enjoy, starting with one of my favorite jokes.

-----------------------------------
Several men are in the locker room of an exclusive golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings. A man sitting nearby picks it up and engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room can't help but overhear the conversation.

MAN: "Hello."
WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club? It's hard to hear your voice."
MAN: "Yeah, I'm in the locker room. I'm all wet so I have to use the hands-free."
WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this absolutely stunning leather coat. It's only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it? It's exactly what I've been looking for."
MAN: "Sure. Go ahead if you like it that much. We're doing pretty well."
WOMAN: "Great, I’m so excited. I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2011 models. They have a convertible in that pearly white color I really like."
MAN: "How much is it?"
WOMAN hesitates and then says: "$87,500."
MAN: "OK, but for that price I want all the options. But don't let the guy drive the cost way up. Make sure you stay close to the original quote."
WOMAN gushes: "That’s terrific! Oh, one more thing. That house we wanted last year is back on the market. They dropped the price almost two hundred thousand and are only asking $950,000."
MAN: "That's not too bad. Go ahead and make them an offer, but not full price; somewhere around $875,000. We can offer more if they reject the first offer."
WOMAN: "Perfect. I'll see you later. Hey! I really love you!"
MAN: "I love you, too, sweetheart. Bye."

The man closes the phone and places it on the bench. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in open-mouthed amazement. Then he looks up and says in a loud voice, "Hey! Anyone know whose cell phone this is?"

-------------------------------------------

The Ralph M. Rap Song 


Ralph M. is my hero that’s all I wanna say.
He was a workaholic every night and every day.
He didn’t finish high school but became an engineer.
Founded a big company and named it after him.
The man is a model for all who want to play the game of consulting that’s what we wanna do.
We whore for the money but we love it yes we do.
I want to be just like him so I can make the grade
And manage all those projects that will get me big time paid.
He was a straight arrow trusted through and through.
The tattoo on my butt tells it straight and true.
Ralph M. is my hero that’s all I wanna say.

Rap song about Ralph M. Parsons, founder of the Parsons Corporation. Recited to a rap beat at SOB’s 5-year Employee Recognition ceremony at Parsons St. Louis office on 1-27-03. And yes, it actually happened.


-------------------------------------------

Here’s a Beautiful Message about Growing Old:






















Shit.
I've forgotten what it was.

-------------------------------------------
And here’s one of my favorite poems.


Ultimo Instante — The Final Moment
by Jorge Luis Borges

If I were able to live my life anew,
the next time I would try to make more mistakes.
I would not attempt to be so perfect
and would relax more.

I would be more foolish than I had been.
Truly, I would take few things seriously.
And I would be less neat.

I would run more risks, travel more,
watch more sunsets, climb more mountains,
swim more rivers.

I would go to more places I had never been.
I would eat more ice cream and fewer vegetables.
I would have more real problems and fewer imaginary ones.

I was one of those persons who lived
each minute of life sensibly and productively.
Clearly, I had moments of happiness.
But . . .

If I were able to live my life again,
I would try to have only good moments.
In case you don't know, life is made only of moments.
Don't lose sight of the present.

I was one of those who never went
to other places without a thermometer,
a hot water bottle,
an umbrella and a parachute.
If I were able to live my life again . . .

I would begin by walking barefoot
from the first of Spring
and continue until Fall.
There would be more twists and turns on my street.
I would watch more dawns
and . . .

If there were another life ahead of me,
I would play more with my children.
But now I am 85 years old, blind and am ready to die.


-------------------------------------------
Now here’s one of mine.

I Am a Chauvinist No Doubt

I am a chauvinist no doubt.
Gently bouncing breasts
sweetly curving asses
cotton-molded lower lips
my gaze instantly focuses.

Forgotten the slogans
the rallying cries of liberation
when brushed by a heavily laden
melon of flesh.

Valiant efforts made many times
to shed the snake-skin machismo.
No luck. I stopped trying.

Today my sins are acknowledged
without pride
accepted not denied or excused.
But now private lusts replace
public display.

I am a chauvinist no doubt.

1 comment:

  1. The good kind of friend not only encourages you to grow and inspires you to grow ~ the good kind of friend makes you believe you can grow.

    Happy Birthday my dear friend!!

    And mine was May 4th!

    ReplyDelete