Saturday, September 17, 2011

PERSONAL REFLECTIONS — BlogSpot Search


          Last night I searched the BlogSpot web site high and low for interesting blogs. Sad to say, I quit after more than an hour, depressed as hell. Hey, if I were interested in reading about Christian families where husbands and wives were hopelessly in love with each other, about women interested in undecipherable Etsy bullshit, about Christian stay-at-home-moms busy baking pies or cookies or brownies without benefit of inserted cannabis, happy Christian families with legions of rug rats all carrying well-worn bibles, married women whose lives were oriented around shopping and popping out one superior, brilliant, smart-as-hell child after another, artists whose work was almost entirely uninspired drek, or single women with blogs titled some mind-fuck variation of Blahblahblah, I would have been as happy as a pig rolling in shit. Jesus, after an interminable hour I was looking for my 40. caliber Beretta to end the misery. Luckily, I had misplaced that Angel of Mercy.
          With my confirmed belief that the greater majority of people conform to the Rule of 85 what the fuck else did I expect? Well, maybe I hoped beyond hope to be surprised, or even delighted with an insightful entry that unexpectedly expanded my mind. Maybe I hoped to find a soul filled with excitement or intellectual curiosity or creativity. Instead, I found blogs where the creator described herself as having a PhD in psychobabble who was teaching at some god-forsaken community college in Bum Fuck, Arkansas. Jesusfuckingchrist. But more than anything she wanted everyone who accessed her site to know that she had a PhD and was superior to all the slubs who were surfing BlogSpot. How absofuckinglutely pathetic. Again, WTF else did I expect?
          Must admit, the experience was enervating. I won’t repeat it.
          So, I just beg anyone out there who has discovered a blog that makes them laugh, or cry, or think to send me the link. Please. I need the stimulation. Desperately.

1 comment:

  1. I check out a few blogs sporadically, none that are really mind blowing, but they are interesting.

    http://blog.lifehacker.com/
    - quick tips and tricks for every day life

    http://www.stuckincustoms.com/
    - photo blog specializing in HDR style, I like it because the artist travels internationally quite often and posts a new photo daily.

    ReplyDelete